The Consultative Conference on International Criminal Justice was held at United Nations Headquarters in September 2009.
Participants included leading international institutions, state actors, and non-governmental organizations working to promote lasting security and end impunity for the world’s gravest crimes. The mini-documentary shown above, “International Relations Meets International Justice” is one of a series created by Skylight Pictures from the proceedings of the Conference. Each of these videos, 5-to-7 minutes long, highlights a contemporary issue facing the system of international criminal justice.
Click Here to View Past Micro-Documentaries in this Series »
• The Emerging 'System' of International Criminal Justice
• Peace and Justice in Colombia? The Impact of the International Criminal Court
• The International Criminal Court Examines Situations in Afghanistan, Gaza, Georgia, and more: The Role of ICC Preliminary Examinations
• Domestic and Regional Complementarity
• Kenya and the International Criminal Court
• Humanitarian NGOs and the International Criminal Court
Discuss the Issues & Join the NGO Network
Conference Steering Committee:
Juan Méndez, President Emeritus,
International Center for Transitional Justice Luis Moreno-Ocampo, Prosecutor,
International Criminal Court William Pace, Convenor,
Coalition for the International Criminal Court Mary Page, Program Director,